Sometimes it takes a look to the past to serve up today’s fabulous flavor! The addition of just a hint of GC Lavender’s Culinary lavender to the crust elevates this dessert and makes it contemporary!
A favorite recipe of mine, this perennial favorite is so light and airy, I can’t stop at one piece! Perfect for summer, this is a time saver that can be made ahead of Thanksgiving celebrations. And, you know, there is always room for jello!
Nostalgic Lavender No Bake Cheesecake
A long-time personal favorite!!
- 2 c. crushed graham crackers
- 1 t. GC Lavender Culinary ground
- 1/2 c. melted butter
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 oz. package Jello (strawberry, lime, lemon, orange)
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1 envelope Dream Whip Whipped Topping mix
- 1/2 c. cold milk
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 8 oz. cream cheese – room temperature
- Butter the bottom and sides of a 2.2 quart rectangular Pyrex dish or a 9 in. circular spring form pan.
- Crush graham crackers and add sugar, salt, lavender.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Reserve 3/4 c. of graham cracker mixture.
- Press remainder into the bottom and sides of the 2.2 quart dish or spring form pan. Set aside.
- In a small metal bowl, dissolve jello in boiling water, stirring to make sure all gelatin is dissolved.
- Place bowl of jello into the refrigerator to set partially (about 20 – 25 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Set aside.
- Prepare one package of Dream Whip per package instructions: In a metal bowl – Mix Dream Whip, 1/2 c. cold milk and vanilla whipping on high until peaks form.
- Once jello is partially set, pour into cream cheese and beat until well combined.
- Gently fold in dream whip using a large spoon or spatula.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved graham lavender mixture.
- Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours until set.
Tip: Don’t have a spice grinder? Just rub the culinary lavender firmly between your palms to crush the buds. An added benefit to releasing all that great lavender flavor, your hands will smell amazing!
Order online and get the best culinary lavender from GC Lavender!